- Your Government
- Boards & Commissions
- NDC4 Cable Commission
NDC4 Cable Commission
Northern Dakota County Cable Communications Commission
Our Mission Statement: The mission of NDC4 is to serve its member cities by administering and enforcing the cable franchise ordinance, managing institutional programming and overseeing local community programming on their behalf.
NDC4 is a municipal joint powers cooperative formed in 1982 by the seven cities of Inver Grove Heights, Lilydale, Mendota, Mendota Heights, South St. Paul, Sunfish Lake, and West St. Paul.
To achieve our mission, we provide consumer protection services for cable subscribers and directly oversee government and educational programming (see our city meeting schedule) on Channels 18, 19, and 20. We also administer LOCAL community programming through our non-profit corporation, Town Square Television.
The cable commission consists of a city council and citizen representative from each of our member cities. Five of the fourteen commissioners are elected commission officers who form the Executive Committee. The full commission meets on the first Wednesday of every other month (February, April, June, August, October, and December), while the Executive Committee meets during the months in between. Full commission meetings are televised LIVE the first Wednesday of every other month at 7 p.m. on Government Channel 18.
Job Description for NDC4 Volunteer Commissioners:
- Attend Commission Meetings, Executive Committee Meetings (for Executive Committee members), special meetings, and NDC4 events as scheduled
- Participate in committees as assigned
- Demonstrate commitment to the Mission of NDC4
- NOTE: Each Commissioner serves at the pleasure of the Member City
- Implement and monitor policy decisions to fulfill the purposes, functions, goals, and activities of NDC4 and its Member Cities
- Set and review long and short-term goals and objectives
- Act as a liaison for NDC4 with the Member City, its Council, staff, residents and cable subscribers
- Review and approve budgets, financial statements, and reports
- Hire and evaluate the Executive Director
- Contribute individual skills, experiences, time and resources to the achievement of NDC4 goals and objectives
More information, documents, a 30-second video, and a recent slide show relating to franchise renewal are available at http://www.townsquare.tv/customer-services-dakota-county-public-access.cfm.
Apply for West St. Paul Boards and Commissions Here...