Right-of-Way / Utility Permit

If you are Excavating anywhere throughout Minnesota are responsible for notifying Gopher State One Call of their proposed excavations. The call center will notify participating underground facility operators, so they can mark the location of their facilities. If you are a contractor working for a homeowner, it is your responsibility to read the Gopher State One Call Handbook. You can notify Gopher State One Call at their website or by calling 651-454-0002.

If you are a Contractor:

If you have not registered with Dakota County’s One Stop Permit Shop yet please click below:

If you are a returning applicant, click below:
Returning applicant

Sewer Permit Application. If you are applying for a sewer permit you must first fill out this application. This application can be submitted via fax at 651-552-4190 or delivered directly to City Hall at 1616 Humboldt Ave, West St. Paul, MN 55118.

Below is some additional information for Contractors:

2007 Flagging Handbook

2007 Field Manual

Contractor Requirements for Right-of-Way Contractors

Contractor Requirements for Sewer/Utility Contractors on private property

Supplement to Insurance Requirements

City Regulations

If you are not a Contractor:

If you are applying for a permit for the first time, click below:
First time applicant

If you are a returning applicant, click below:
Returning applicant