Rental License Application, Inspections, & Density Map
Rental renewal notices for 2017 will be mailed two months prior to your property's renewal date. (Notices were mailed to the mailing address as indicated on the most recent rental application). Please contact 651-552-4144 if you did not receive a renewal notice.
Penalty Fees - Renewal Applications
There will be penalty fees, as follows, if the completed renewal application is not received at City Hall by the assigned property renewal date:
- 30 days after renewal date: 50% of license fee, in addition to the license fee
- 60 days after renewal date: 50% of license fee, in addition to the license fee + Administrative Citation and $500 fine for renting the property without a rental license
- Dakota County information on evictions and unlawful detainer actions
- Fair Housing and tenant rights information
- Minnesota Multi Housing Association (MHA)
- Eviction Information, Leasing Information & Forms, Educational Classes & Literature, Hotline for Landlords
For information on the rental licensing program, please call 651-552-4144.
For information on inspection requirements, please call 651-552-4136.
For information on the STAR program or background checks, please call 651-552-4235.