Make a Difference - Volunteer!
Thank you for considering working as a volunteer! The City is excited to offer a variety of volunteer opportunities to support our dynamic West St. Paul community. Are you looking for a 1 day event? How about a long term opportunity? Do you want to work outside? Maybe you have excellent organizational skills? We may just have the right fit for you!
When you volunteer, your efforts strengthen the local services available to members of the community. Volunteering raises awareness of important social needs, connects communities and builds friendships. Change your life and those around you -- volunteer!
- Develop new skills
- Enhance your resume
- Feel good about giving back to the community
- Share your talents
- Enriches city programs and services through volunteer involvement and participation
- Facilitates active partnerships between city staff and community members
- Helps citizens become more familiar with city programs, services and issues
- Provides unique opportunities for local residents to contribute to city government
Adopt your Neighborhood
Pick up trash in your neighborhood all year round. Pull or take down outdated signs off of public property. In the winter keep an eye on fire hydrants to make sure they are shoveled out. Watch storm drains for leaf back up
Monitoring bluebird boxes weekly April – August in City parks to keep bluebirds safe and record their nesting progress.
- Royal Ball
- Easter Egg Hunt
- Shred Events
- Open House
- Wednesday Activities in the Park
- COPS in the Park
- Glow Dash
- Halloween Extravaganza
- Pumpkin Recycling
- Superhero Masquerade
- Secret Holiday Shop
- Adopt a bus shelter (clean up litter and debris, weed seasonally)
- Pull outdated or unsightly signs
Garden / Landscaping Assistance
- Help maintain gardens and landscaping around City buildings, boulevards, parks, etc.
- Planting and watering
- Deliver posters to local businesses
- Assembling folders or packets
To Apply for any of the General Opportunities listed, please complete the Volunteer Application.
To learn more about West St. Paul volunteer opportunities or to share your ideas contact Diane Erickson, Volunteer Engagement Manager, at email@example.com, or 651-208-4840
Opportunities for area businesses, churches, civic groups, etc. to participate as a group can be explored by emailing Volunteer Services or calling 651-208-4840. Typically groups will do a park clean up, planting project, invasive plant removal, or assist with a special event.
Adopt-A-Park, Adopt-A-Street and Adopt-A-Bus Shelter
Adopt-A-Park and Adopt-A-Street are public service programs for volunteers to assist their community by picking up litter in West St. Paul. To learn more about these programs, click here.
Currently DARTS is looking for volunteers to assist older adults with outdoor chores such as shoveling/snowblowing snow, mowing lawns or raking leaves. Many older adults that are still able to live independently have a hard time completing these physically demanding chores. Click here to learn more about all of DARTS volunteering opportunities!
Bluebird Nest Box Monitoring
Garlough Park, Garlough School Park, and Marthaler Park all contain bluebird nest boxes. From April to August bluebirds and their competitors will be nesting in these boxes. In order to keep bluebirds safe and record their nesting progress the boxes need to be monitored on a weekly basis.
Your participation can be as simple as visiting one of the parks once a month for 20-30 minutesTo inquire about this and other West St. Paul volunteer opportunities contact Diane Erickson, Volunteer Engagement Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 651-208-4840
Remember the good old days when neighbors helped each other out? Neighbors still does!
They have nearly 1850 volunteers ready to help our neighbors in need. At Neighbors, Inc., all donations and volunteer service directly support the local community.
Neighbors offers many ways to volunteer. Individual, family and group opportunities are available, including:
- Food Shelf: Sort food donations or help families in need select food from our shelves
- Clothes Closet: Assist shoppers to find gently used clothing in our 100% volunteer-operated thrift store
- Holiday Help: Distribute clothes, toys and other gifts to families in need
- Dial-A-Ride: Drive neighbors to and from medical and dental appointments
- Daily Check-In: Call homebound residents to say "Hello!"
- Come as You Are: Build positive relationships with adults with development disabilities
- Summer Meals: Serve meals to hungry students in summer school
Looking for something else? Neighbors also offers ways for volunteers to contribute their skills and talents like event planning, marketing & communications, talent engagement, fundraising, IT, and more!
Need ideas on how you can help? Contact us at 651-306-2145 or email@example.com.