Common Code Violations
- Foundations, walls, windows, doors, floors and roofs must be water-tight and rodent proof are all common things that violate the codes.
- Garage doors must be operable.
- Broken windows are not permitted. If windows are replaced with plywood, they must be painted.
- No missing or broken siding are permitted.
- No more than 25% of the paint on each plane surface can be cracked, blistering, or peeling.
- The city may send an Administrative Citation after the compliance date if property is still in violation.
Adoption of International Property Maintenance Code (IPMC)
- West St. Paul recently adopted the International Property Maintenance Code (IPMC)
- Please click on the link below for more information pertaining to the IPMC. If you have any questions please contact the Housing Inspector at 651-552-4136.