Common Code Violations
- All vehicles in a driveway must be operable (including having current tabs).
- All vehicles must be parked on concrete or asphalt surfaces.
- No more than 4 vehicles may be parked in a driveway.
- The city may tow inoperable vehicles if compliance is not met.
* Inoperable vehicles include: a vehicle that does not have valid current vehicle license and registration, a vehicle that lacks essential parts that would render it operable, or a vehicle that is in a rusted, wrecked, extensively damaged, partially dismantled or junked condition.
Applicable City Ordinances
- 94.18 - Prohibition of Inoperable or Abandoned Vehicles
- 153.382 - Parked or Stored Motor Vehicles
- 33.2(2)(h) - Zoning Ordinance for Use of Parking Area
- 169.011 Subd. 92 - Minnesota State Statute for definition of a "Vehicle"
*Scroll down to Subd. 92 to view definition