Recent Ordinance Changes
The primary changes are as follows:
- Adoption of the International Property Maintenance Code (IPMC) as the guiding document for all rental inspections.
- Elimination of the third party inspection process and implementation of a new in-house city inspection process.
- Elimination of the Alternative Inspection Reports, with the exception of the HUD, Housing Choice Voucher inspection reports.
- Implementation of mandatory Phase I: Management/Owner Training.
- Implementation of a Tiered Fee System.
- Changing the license term to a rolling calendar. You will be notified as to your specific license term in advance.
For more detail on the above changes, please click on the top tab on the left-hand side of this page titled "Approved Rental Ordinance Changes".
- Rental Application:
- 2017 Renewal Calendar:
- Inspection Calendar:
- Rental Inspection Checklist:
- Rental Inspection Cheat Sheet*:
- Mandatory Phase I: Management/Owner Training:
- Inspection Fees:
- Links to the approved Ordinances:
- International Property Maintenance Code (IPMC)
Please contact City Staff if you have any questions regarding the approved ordinance changes (651-552-4144) or regarding the IPMC/new inspection process (651-552-4136).