2015 Rental Ordinance Changes
The primary changes are as follows:
- Adoption of the International Property Maintenance Code (IPMC) as the guiding document for all rental inspections.
- Elimination of the third party inspection process and implementation of a new in-house city inspection process.
- Elimination of the third party and alternative inspection reports, with the exception of the HUD, Housing Choice Voucher inspection reports.
- Implementation of mandatory Phase I: Management/Owner Training.
- Implementation of a tiered fee system.
- Changing the license term to a rolling calendar. You will be notified as to your specific license term in advance.
- Rental Application:
- Rental Renewal Calendar:
- Inspection Calendar:
- Rental Inspection Checklist:
- Rental Inspection Checklist*:
- Mandatory Phase I: Management/Owner Training:
- Inspection Fees:
- Links to the approved Ordinances:
- International Property Maintenance Code (IPMC)
Please contact City Staff if you have any questions regarding rental licensing or inspections at (651) 552-4137 or firstname.lastname@example.org