The West St. Paul Community Development Department was created in 2000 to consolidate the development functions in one area. The Community Development Director serves as the Executive Director for the Economic Development Authority (EDA) and oversees six full-time employees working in the areas of:
- Building Permits & Inspections
- Code Enforcement
- Administrative Citations
- Economic Development
- Rental Licensing
Community Development staff members help citizens understand and comply with city codes and processes. They also review all zoning, conditional use, and building permit applications to ensure that all city plans, city codes, state statutes, state building codes, and fire codes are met.
Department staff address citizen complaints concerning problem properties and nuisance code violations.
Finally, the department works with the city’s Economic Development Authority (EDA) on redevelopment and other economic activities to ensure that the city has a healthy business community and tax base.
To request information/documents on a property or a report on our permitting history, click here.
- Dakota County CDA
- Economic Development Association of Minnesota
- Greater MSP - Search 11-county Greater MSP region for commercial/industrial property listings, and prepare site-specific workforce, demographic and business reports
- Dakota County Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Small Business Development Center
- Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development - DEED
- WSP Interactive Zoning Map