The West St. Paul Community Development Department was created in 2000 to consolidate the development functions in one area. The Community Development Director serves as the Executive Director for the Economic Development Authority and oversees six full-time employees working in the areas of:
- Administrative Citation Program
- Building Permits & Inspections
- Code Enforcement
- Economic Development
- Rental Licensing
Community Development staff members help citizens understand and comply with city codes and processes. They also review all zoning, conditional use, and building permit applications to ensure that all city plans, city codes, state statutes, state building codes, and fire codes are met.
Department staff address citizen complaints concerning problem properties and nuisance code violations. Other activities that department staff are involved in include implementing programs to improve the quality of our housing stock. Department staff also provide information on solid waste and recycling to citizens and coordinates yearly collection events for citizens to recycle appliances and electronics and discard pumpkins.
Finally, the department works with the city's Economic Development Authority on redevelopment and other economic development activities to ensure that the city has a healthy business community and tax base.
To request information/documents on a property or a report on our permitting history, click here.
- Dakota County CDA
- Economic Development Association of Minnesota
- Greater MSP Search 11-county Greater MSP region commercial/industrial property listings, and prepare site-specific workforce, demographic and business reports
- Metro East Development Partnership
- Northern Dakota County Chamber of Commerce
- Small Business Development Center
- State of Minnesota DEED
- WSP Zoning Interactive Map