Robert St. Improvements
South End Work
Thompson Avenue to Mendota Road
- Driveways off Robert Street are permanently right-in/right-out only
- Permanent striping is being installed. Lane stripes will be milled down to allow for recessed striping installation.
- Pedestrian ramps and concrete installation continues
- Near Thompson Avenue
North End WorkIntermittent lane closures on the north end of Robert Street will continue this fall while crews complete landscaping, median work, sidewalks, and concrete driveways.
- Miscellaneous accessory installation
Robert Street businesses will be open during construction and can be accessed by utilizing the Livingston Ave. and Oakdale Ave. business access detours (see Maps tab). Please continue to patronize these businesses during construction and Shop Robert.
- Marie Avenue: closed to through traffic between Robert Street and Livingston Avenue until late October
- Marie/Livingston Avenue intersection closed to through traffic for one day on October 17
- Southbound Robert Street between Mendota Road and Menards closed for one day - detour via Livingston Avenue
- Northbound Robert Street between Menards and Mendota Road closed for one day - detour via Oakdale Avenue
- Access to businesses is maintained during construction; short term closures/restrictions may be required for work near driveways; project staff will work with businesses/property owners to minimize impact
- Metro Transit's buses may be detoured, for more information visit www.metrotransit.org/rider-alerts.
Robert Street Cost Update 8/31/16
Estimated Robert Street Improvement Finances
|Right of Way||$4,934,000|
|Contingency for Water Lines||$700,000|
|PHASE 1 TOTAL||$34,583,754|
|Right of Way||$989,373|
|PHASE 2 TOTAL||$7,334,385|
Planning for the Robert St. Construction project has been taking place for nearly five years. The Documents section includes meeting minutes, agendas, plans, reports, studies, applications and much more.
Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) Meeting Agendas, Minutes & Documents
Public Advisory Committee (PAC) Meeting Agendas, Minutes & Documents
Access Crash and Traffic Operations Analysis Reports
Other Documents, Reports, Plans Etc.