Night to Unite
IT'S TIME TO START PLANNING FOR WEST ST. PAUL'S NIGHT TO UNITE!
Night to Unite encourages law enforcement and communities to strengthen neighborhoods by getting to know one another. August 2nd brings community involvement one step closer to help promote safety and communication within our city blocks.
To our returning block leaders, “Welcome Back, we are excited to have you again this year”. To first time block party leaders, “Have No Worries”. We are here to help you with the entire planning process. We want to make your party a positive experience - one that you will always remember.This year, Night to Unite will be held on Tuesday, August 2, 2016. This is your chance to join forces with your neighbors and take a stand against crime in West St. Paul.
How to throw a great party!
- Simple Refreshments
- Watermelon, Potluck – bring your specialty, Lemonade & cookies, Coffee, tea and dessert, Ice cream cones, Make your own sundaes, Pretzels and chips, Fruit and cheese plates, Pizza, Cookies, Hamburgers, Hot dogs, Chicken, Corn on the cob, Salads, Sodas, Iced tea, Punch
- Activities for Kids
- Make a mural or banner, Coloring contest, Pony rides, McGruff Crime Dog, 3-legged race, Football, baseball, basketball, Street hockey, Roller blade, Youth parade with a theme, Jump rope, Chalk art, Face painting, Bubbles, Sack races, Magic show, Sing-alongs, Water balloons, Frisbee competition, Piñata, Clowns, Bike Safety, Child ID Kits
- Contribute to the Community
- Collect for a food bank, Beautify a common area, Plan a fall clean-up or bulb planting, Recruit additional Neighborhood Watch leaders and block captains, Discuss neighborhood concerns, problems, Distribute neighborhood block list, phone numbers, etc., Discuss outdoor lighting in the area
- Group Conversations
- Block history stories, Night to Unite stories, Photos from past block parties, Design a mixer: “Find a person who…” – with prizes, Oldest resident award, Longest resident award, Newest resident award
- Activities for All Ages
- Block party, Cookout , Parade, Jump rope contest, Hula hoop contest, Barbeque, Street dance, Volleyball, Storytelling (truth or fiction), Celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, etc., Scavenger hunt, Visits from police, fire and EMS, Crime prevention videos, Take lots of pictures, Karaoke, Rummage sale, Music and DJ, Dunk tank, Movies, Sandy beach party, Street carnival, Disposable camera distribution/photo contest, Self-defense demonstration, Jail & Bail, K-9 demonstration, Funniest hat contest, Welcome new neighbors, Live music, Horseshoes